Smile

My just-turned-four-year-old has a shirt that says "smile."  She is convinced it says "Elizabeth," probably because, while she is wearing it and looking at it upside down, she sees the eli (backwards).  She is still so super cute, and even though she is no longer a baby, she helps allay some of that desire for babies.  You mothers know what I mean!

Lately, I've been trying to learn about RSS feeds and widgets.  Apparently, they are important to add to online works to be more desirable to search engines.  Also, adding links to an online article apparently adds to it's SEO (Search Engine Optimization) appeal.  Unfortunately, I still can't find my name on the Y!AC contributor search, which means I can't create an RSS feed for my work. I'm still not sure what it will do if I create the feed, but I would like to find out.  I think it will help link this page to my articles, but I'm not sure.

My Biblical principles article still did the best, and continues to see lots of visitors, so I may write more about my faith at some point. After all, it's the most important thing to me and apparently people like to read what I have to say about it.  I've also been considering writing about homemaking, but I can't help but think that there are probably lots of people that are already writing about that.  I may even start another blog dedicated to it, with pictures :), just to see what I can get for readership.  They seem to like it at 501 Life, but it is only a once a month thing.

Oh, that reminds me... I finally got a hold of a physical copy of 501Life magazine!  They are very thick, and are filled with local ads, interesting things going on in the community, and even people I have seen at church!  I think it will be fun to write for them, but it probably won't be enough to keep me busy...at least while school is out.  We plan on starting up again August 1 (our school officially begins on the 15th, but we want some flexible time).

The kids are enjoying their break.  Today I took my oldest son to get a savings account.  It took two hours (the teller was new), but I think he is very happy about it.  We took the kids swimming this weekend, and they have spent a lot of time playing with other kids on the street, bouncing on the trampoline, and reading to their hearts' content.  They have also been learning about doing the dishes.

Comments

Popular Posts