Local Connection

I got a call today from a friend, who knows someone looking for a writer!  Of course, I wouldn't want anything that would take a lot of time (because the kids already take up all of my day), but since I enjoy writing after they go to bed anyways, why not?  You never know, maybe soon I will have a column of my own and make a little spending money to boot.

I wrote an article for Yahoo! last night about effective dialogue, and offered it as exclusive content.  That means that you would have to view it there, as I wouldn't be allowed to repost it on my site.  They will most likely reject it for payment, and then I'll resubmit it for display-only, which they always accept.  That way, they only pay me for the people who visit the post.  Unfortunately, there are millions of posts on that site, and being a new writer, my stuff is shoved to the bottom of the stack, making it nearly impossible to find my work.

After dinner, I got out some Easter eggs that I had been saving and made the kids go hide.  Then, I hid them thoroughly throughout the living room and told them to each find four.  They had a great time finding them and eating the candy.  It pays to shop those after holiday sales for later - I didn't get one complaint about them missing their daddy while he is on a business trip tonight.  Then, they played hide and seek for a while and we watched Iron Man cartoons while eating homemade popcorn.  It was a pretty nice evening in all.  Plus, my mountain of laundry has now been tamed, so that I am not in slavery to it just now.

I'm adding a link to a CD for Adele 21.  Aaron introduced me to some of her music recently, and I think she has a great voice.  She says, "I make music for the ears, not the eyes," because some people criticize her for being pleasantly plump.  I think she is not only beautiful, but I'd like to know how she does her hair.   Go to YouTube and look at her song with the full glass cups - it is very entertaining.

Comments

Popular Posts