Entertainment and Bragging

Yesterday, my three year old asked me to go to Pizza Hut.
"But I don't want anything on it," she said.
"Do you want cheese?"
"Nope."
"Do you want crust?"
"Nope."
I gave her a handful of air.
"That's not pizza, Mom!"
"My point exactly."
She giggled.
We made some chicken pizza for dinner, and she was satisfied :).

Kids are always saying fun things.  Sometimes I can't remember them all, but I sure wish I did!
My kids got their test scores back today, and they did great! They both got upper 90th percentile for language/reading and over 75th for math.  I plan on working some with them on that this summer.

We are attending Crazy Awesome Fun Camp this week (VBS).
On the way, John asks, "Mom, what's a sign-all?"
"I don't think that's a word, John."
"It says, 'Walk at the sign-yal'."
"Oh, signal!"
"What's a signal?"
"It's sign that says when you can walk."
I'm really glad that John can read, and that he recognizes words within words.  He starts kindergarten this fall.

I got my article on laundry detergent roughly finished, but I have to get it down to 600 words.  Right now, it is 777 words, and hard to pare down!  My next article will either be on granola or playdoh, because that is the type of article the editor wants.  At this point, my most popular article by far is the Bible verses for job seekers one, with over one hundred hits!  I've made a measely 40 cents on Associated Content, where you have to get 1000 views to make $1.50.  However, my blog has made over $3!  Ha! Of course, they won't pay me until I make at least $5.

My dad says he wrote a novel before I was born, on a typewriter!  He may give it to me to look over one day.  He tells me I should revise it and publish it under my own name.  I probably wouldn't exclude his name if I did that - but I am interested in reading it.  I wonder how many people have unpublished novels hiding in a box somewhere?

Comments

Popular Posts