Editing

There is a curious lack of editing in online writing.  I find it rather disturbing.  Last night, my husband read some of my work, and it really drove him crazy.  Perhaps I write too much when it is late at night, but I tend to write a little like Laura Schlessinger when I write how-to articles.  Anyhow, it needed revision.  I am getting nervous about it - how much of what I write is total bunk?  Or is seriously underexamined by me, the author?  I wish I could convince my readers to comment on my posts.  That might help, some.  I haven't written anything yet that has been truly paid for, so I have the right to delete or edit anything so far.  If I can't get some feedback, I may just go back to writing my novel and hoping for this column - I have someone to edit those things, and it makes me oh, so much more comfortable!  The last thing I want to do is hurt someone's feelings or alienate someone.  I am self-aware enough to know that I am often unable to predict the feelings of others.  No matter how hard I try, I seem incapable of changing that fact.  Plus, I am terribly adept at putting my foot in my mouth.  Not a good combination, I'm sure.

On the up side, I am incredibly grateful for the editing support of my friend for the non-online work. I have learned a little about AP writing style, which is quite a bit different than what I learned in school.

I now have readers from India, Oman, Germany, the United States and Greece.  Although I have more page clicks on Yahoo Associated Content, I have more dedicated readers on this blog (and I do like them very much, despite the lack of feedback!).  Also, blogging seems to be more profitable, although I honestly can't understand much of what I am told to do to make money.  It seems I need some computer help, or perhaps I need to learn HTML?  My folks say they can't comment because of cookies, but I just don't know enough about cookies to help them.  Unless, of course, they are talking about the kind that I bake.

Speaking of which, my friend came over this week to bake granola bars and they turned out like granola cookies!  So I am wondering, do any of you have a favorite chewy granola bar recipe?  I've been wanting to write an article about granola, but first I am researching the different recipes.  Yum!

Comments

Popular Posts