Perseverance

Psalm 126:5  "Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy!"

I once heard a story about this verse.  Apparently, in many countries, people sow the last of their grain (that they could otherwise be eating) in hopes of reaping a bountiful harvest.  It is heartbreaking to see the food go into the ground, but what joy they have when it produces so much more!  It may not be a very apt analogy, but sometimes that is how I feel about ministry.   I only have so much energy, but it is a beautiful thing when I can see the fruits of my labor.

Tonight, our Crazy Awesome Fun Camp concludes, and I pray that there will be a harvest of souls.  I usually prefer to be teaching the kids, but this year I served in the kitchen, because that is where I was needed.  Honestly, we had plenty of hands to go around and the work wasn't that strenuous, but getting up at seven every morning with four sleepy kids has worn me out a bit.   I know, I am spoiled! Aaron really enjoyed having breakfast with us this week and I enjoyed working alongside some amazing ladies.  I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store.

Comments

Popular Posts