Chironomus midge

I found them in our neglected pool.  The chironomus midge larvae were red and squirmy, leaving streaks across the plastic bottom.  Luckily, after spraying it down, my husband willingly got down and scrubbed the whole thing - phew!  Then we bleached it and got it ready for use.  Never leave a kiddy pool unattended for a couple of weeks.

Aaron took us on an adventure today.  We found an old mill replica, complete with beautiful landscape, Tolkien-esk bridges and a plethora of swimming, friendly turtles to enjoy.  My son Gabriel is a turtle fanatic, and would have brought one home, had we a place to keep it.  Then we we went to Chick-fil-a, shopped for some Bible curriculum, and even got to visit the Little Rock Art Center.  We haven't gotten the piano yet - it is still in the works.

Lately, I have read Princess For Hire (yes, it is silly but still good fun) and I am reading Barefoot in Baghdad.  I am learning a lot about what the Iraqi war looks like to Muslims, and I find it very interesting (although, somehow it still seems that the war was probably good for the people there).

I am still working on my novel. I got my picture taken for 501 Life this week in front of our house, and have begun to make some fans on Y!AC.  So the writing business is coming along.  I'll talk about it more later, since I need to go to bed...  Good night, ya'll!

Comments

Popular Posts