Homeschooling links and ...where's that page?


Hi guys!  Before you read all of this useful stuff, do any of you know where the blogspot "pages" are found?  Or what the technical difference is between a page and a post?  I already made a page about websites, but couldn't find it on my blog!  I was hoping it would give me tabs, thus separating my various interests into useful categories  -- but alas!  It doesn't seem to work that way.  I looked into buying my own website, but despite assurances it will generate income (according to certain other bloggers), I'm not yet convinced....but it might be a fun experiment.

FYI: We had a great week homeschooling on our own!


My list of useful educational links just keeps growing.  Here it is:

Websites to help with reading:
Starfall.com (free w/ optional pay website)
Raz-kids.com
Mimiosprout.com
Readingeggs.com
Storylineonline.com
Tumblebooks.com
Reading rockets.org/books
Bookadventure.com/home.aspx
Reading a-z
Websites with great supplemental worksheets and videos:
vocabulary.com
Educationworld.com (love the everyday edits!)
50states.com
Spellingcity.com (I give my kids spelling tests with this – great for teaching multiple kids)
Khanacademy.com (great for math and coding!)
Coursera.com
memrise.com (languages, memorization)
Ck12.org
Grammar-monster.com
Codacademy.com
Wonderopolois.com
Adaptedmind.com
Mobymax.com
Kids.nationalgeographic.com
Smithsonianeducation.org/students
Brainpop.com (I have some religious differences with some of the videos, so watch it with your kids – some of them are very good)
MIT also shares much of its course material online, if you have a bored high school student

Websites to help with math:
Ixl.com
Xtramath.com
Big brains (free computer game to teach math facts) timez attack
Khanacademy.com (again)
Gregtangmath.com
Mathisfun.com
Freemathhelp.com
Mathhelp.com
Ck12.org, braingenie


Link for supplemental activity ideas:

other:
http://bie.org/resources project-based learning
http://map.mathshell.org/materials/lessons.php math story problem projects/assessments
rainbowresource.com
http://openstaxcollege.org/ free textbooks by respected universities like Rice
hippocampus.org
sparksnotes novel guides

Comments

  1. Thanks! I am always looking for stuff like this! Another one I like is:
    SheppardSoftware.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts