An unintentional name

During a phone call with my sister tonight, I noticed something.  I tried to look up by pen name on Google and got some unwanted results.  I must admit that this was a grave disappointment, because as a child, I had always wanted that name.  "April Summers" sounded much cooler than "April ..." fill in the blank.  And it made sense.  And I figured it might be the actual name of several actual people.  Meaning that it would be a great pen name!  But honestly, I will probably never have such a public name that I have to worry about my privacy.  Plus, even if I did, someone would find out my real name and then it would be all over.  Lesson learned.

I have a couple of extra pieces that I have written for Yahoo! Associated Content this weekend, but don't expect them right away.  I can't post them on my blog until after they are either accepted or rejected by the editor.  That's right, they have an actual editor!  I was beginning to wonder.  I found a couple of articles on there that were so shy of professional, I assumed that they published anything, so long as it was performance based.

They wanted an article on the Higgs Boson "god particle," but they only gave me four hours to complete it.  I passed it up.  I would love to do that, but who would write an article that might make the writer look bad professionally down the line, because of time constraint?  Not me, despite the fact that I have little hope of finding a physics job at this point.

I did, however, get to chapter 7 in my fantasy novel.  I am excited to see how it does - it may actually have some success.

On a different note, I have to share about Jumpy the Squirrel.  John, my five year old, says he keeps his squirrel collection in the trees.  The other day he found an acorn in the house (an old acquisition of my three year old), and declared, "I have to feed Jumpy his breakfast!"  Jumpy is his favorite squirrel in his collection.  I haven't figured out yet if Jumpy is a specific squirrel, or if it is the name he gives to the first squirrel he sees.

Comments

  1. So after i read your post, I *had to* go and google April Summers! Yikes! You can make your blog so that it will not show up on search engines. I don't remember where in blogger it is, but I did that to mine after Annalise was born. I searched for "Caleb and Annalise" and evidentally we are one of two families in the world who have kids with those names.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leah! I don't know if I have a public profile yet or not, but I was hoping that I might someday earn a little spending money with my blog. Unfortunately, I think you may be the only one who has read it. Thanks for being such a faithful friend! Even Aaron has no interest, although he just bought a new game, so who can blame him? I should have warned you about the name more explicitly...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts