Cheesy Sestina

However it happens, whatever I do,
the flavors of Jarlsberg give to me please.
I know that it sounds as if it were silly,
but fanciful cheeses I really do savor.
They almost bring me down on my knees,
the wonderful, savorful flavor of cheese.

How to express my feelings for cheese?
Those lip-smacking flavors, what do they do?
I bow to my knees,
just give me some please!
The sharpness of brie do I savor,
Despite that I sound rather silly.

Those who despise it are silly,
rejecting a food like cheese.
Havarti I truly do savor.
Digesting is just what I do.
“May I have some please,”
I pound on my knees.

So sore are my knees!
I feel rather silly.
Forgive me please,
for my love of cheese,
Love you better I do,
'though the cheese I savor.

Smoked Gouda I savor,
when squeak my knees,
as often they do.
I know it is silly,
I think it's the cheese.
Don't laugh at me, please.

Tillimook cheddar can please,
it makes me quite savor,
my memories of cheese,
when I sat on Dad's knees,
just little and silly.
Remember I do.

I ask that please for my knees,
Let me savor my silly
Love for cheese like you do.

Comments

Popular Posts