Sestinas and Jumpy the Squirrel

My next writing adventure takes me to the poetry realm of sestinas.  Last night, I was complaining, "Aaron, they keep asking me to write a sestina!  I don't even know what that is!"  Although wikipedia has a section on them, it really only became clear when I read an example.  So.. I changed my mind abruptly and decided I would try it, just as a personal challenge.  If you are curious, Yahoo! actually has a better explanation than wikipedia.  Now I just have to find six words to fixate on that are worthy of a good poem...

On another note, Jumpy the Squirrel was spotted this morning.  Julie asked, "John, is that Jumpy?" He replied, "Let's see...furry tail...furry stomach...furry body...Yep, that's Jumpy!"  So, I guess that answers my question.  Tonight, John asked God if he would feed Jumpy nuts and bugs for him.  "Bugs?" I asked.    "Jumpy is one bug-eating squirrel, Mom!"

Comments

Popular Posts