Plates!

Last night I got to go on a date and buy new plates!  Where did the money come from for the plates, you ask?  After all, I have been using two mismatched and chipped sets for years...  You guessed it!  I made it from my articles :).  It feels good to make a little money on the side so I don't have to feel bad about waste.  It's not that we couldn't have used the money Aaron makes, it's just that I have other plans for it.  Big plans.  Mostly to do with paying off things and saving up for things.  You know the deal...  I am a habitual saver and can't part with money without good cause.  Not that it works anymore, since the money all seems to know where it's going...

In any case, I am very pleased to say that I am now both published and paid.  Sonja wants me to write for her every other month, which means a bit of a project and some fun writing on the side, but honestly not more than I'd make if I babysat a couple of times.  No one pays adults for that, though.  I've considered offering a homeschool German class to make a little spending money too.  Aaron says that one day, when we are fabulously wealthy, we will need to hire a decorator.  The truth is, I've never decorated much because I am too stingy and he is opinionated, but if he plans on hiring someone, maybe I should figure it out and make some money to spend on doing it myself.  I can't paint in this rental house, but maybe I could find something versatile enough that it would move well and match whatever?  Oh, the things we spend our time on!  What a waste....

You know, when I was a teenager, I thought that all of my time could be used in the glorification of God (you know, once I hit adulthood...since I was too busy as a teen).  As I mature, I am beginning to think that I have to use my moments glorifying God by reacting well to life and thanking him for my blessings, since I obviously can't spend my entire days singing hymns or evangelizing.  In this fairly isolated role I play at home, the evangelizing is pretty well only to my kids and the hymn singing is virtually non-existent, since I still can't play piano and don't have time anyhow.  I have to say that what I AM doing seems to be working well.  I have a happy home, smart kids and a content husband.  THAT makes me truly rich.

Comments

  1. Well said! And I am rich too! I think decorating is overrated (at least I tell myself that since formal decorating is not even a hint of an option for us!) and it seems to me it is only feasable in a home where no one stays home most of the time. Our walls are continually re-decorated! And the rest of it is so much in use that there is no place for knick knacks and such. I like to think of pioneers living in such small and efficiently used space. Not "decorated", but useful and tidy and pretty when and where it could be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts