Busy

I have been busy.

For those of you that haven't experienced the world of homeschooling, this is typical.  I probably spend WAY to much time doing it, but I can't figure out any other way to do it with four kids.  Last night, my husband came home and rescued me.  I needed my knight in shining armor to sweep in and save the day - and he did!  He took over tutoring my nine year old in the five paragraph essay and overseeing a math test, while I escaped to the grocery store.

Did I just say ESCAPED to the GROCERY store?!  Yes.  For those who don't know me well, I hate the grocery store and would typically be anywhere else.  However, I hadn't gone in quite a while and was in desperate need of restocking.  It was a relief to go without the kids for once.

The story doesn't end there.  After filling my cart to the brim full of both necessities and sundry, I met a talkative cashier with a new baby who hated shopping as much as me.  Actually, quite a bit more, since she told me she only keeps cereal in the cupboards due to her aversion.  Her family chastises her for this practice, but she stubbornly refuses to shop more than is strictly necessary.  Wow - and I thought I didn't like shopping!

Then I was accosted by a shopping cart pusher who was overly friendly.  While I unloaded the cart, he leaned over it and kept asking how he could help, and if the weather wasn't very nice?  I considered punching him.  Fortunately, he was just out of fist range.

Arriving home, my manly knight was sitting on the couch surrounded with my four lovely cherubs.  He had finished school, made dinner, and somehow managed to make them all calm and happy.  Then he helped me put away the food.  Way to go, honey!

Lately, he has been getting up early to work out, and I have been making him breakfast and then writing on my novel.  I am on chapter 10 (about 30,000 words of 80,000) and (strangely) thinking about turning it into a trilogy.  Because they sell.  And somehow, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Who knows?  One day, I might actually finish.

Comments

  1. This is great. I enjoy grocery shopping about like you do, but it can be refreshing to go by yourself occasionally--- if you don't have too many strangers demanding your attention, haha! Tell Aaron I'm impressed with his parenting skills. Nick always impresses me with his skills, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts