The horror! Indie publishing at it's worst

I'll give you the bad news first. That way, when you hear the good news, you'll be all cheered up. First, twitter is a very difficult way to advertise, and I mostly find other authors on there (along with some big name publishing houses). Also, I realize that this pre- publishing hype stuff is serious business...that I didn't participate in. Seriously, would you read my book and give my book a review? No one buys books without reviews. I can send a free book if I know you, or tell you when my next free kindle promotion is if I don't.  Also, my cover gives me a headache. I can't use it for the paperback because of resolution issues, so I have to decide how much money I'm willing to risk in having one made and in advertising.

The good news is this: I've already made $15 - which, granted, isn't much- but it does mean that some people were interested. Also, I'm learning a lot about the industry. Sometimes I think I should still find an agent and go that route, but maybe I'll give myself some time? The free promotion weekend went very well- about180 souls got a free copy, perhaps a few of whom will write a review.  Also, my editor at 501 Life gave me permission to republish articles that I sold to her (if they're over a year old), so you might get to see some!

Comments

  1. I just found out that people who didn't purchase the book from Amazon can't review the book on there - so sad! So, I can't just lend you the book to get reviews, although I will post the free days as they come up and they can be reviewed on Goodreads.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts