Publishing - help!

March 1st I finally got done with self-editing my novel, preparing it for solicitation to agents and publishers alike.  I changed the title to Elluminite (same pseudonym) when I discovered that there was already a novel called Celeste.  I like it better.  When I looked at Bethany House Publishers (Baker books) and Harvest house, I discovered that they, Harper Collins, and several other publishers use a website called Authonomy to discover new novels for publishing.  They no longer accept unsolicited manuscripts.  Some of them will use other sites as well, a few publishers will accept direct submissions, but even the agents are quite exacting in their submission requirements.   I have to come up with a query letter and a 1-2 page (exciting) synopsis.

One of my good friends has offered to look it over for me.  Would you please do the same?  When people sign up for authonomy (free), they get to rate the books they read and "shelve" them.  The more my book gets shelved and highly rated, the more likely it will be looked at by publishers.  However, if you read it and find it lacking, please kindly tell me that too (with specifics).  It would be embarrassing to submit a book that wasn't ready yet- and, as my friends, you have a chance to get a first read for free!

Although it is intended not to offend Christian audiences (obviously), it does have three kisses for realism.  I thought I'd let you know for those of you who are squeamish or think people shouldn't kiss before marriage. It is a fantasy/romance book, and I can't decide whether to classify it as Christian or not.  It doesn't share the   hope I have in Jesus primarily because I couldn't figure out a good way to put something so real into a fantasy world.  However, as all truth belongs to Him, I hope that it does shed some light.

Ever,
April

Comments

Popular Posts