And...86,000 words! Viola!

For those looking for the chicken thigh quarter recipes, please refer to my last post.

For my regular readers, I just thought I would brag a little and let you know that today, New Year's Day 2013, I finished my first draft of my first novel.  Hurray!  I can hardly believe that it's done.  I've been trying to finish a novel since eighth grade.  Not this one...just ANY one.  Now, there will be an impossibly long editing process, followed by a search for an agent and a publishing company.  However, I am fairly confident that someone will want it.  I know that sounds cocky, but if I'm not just a little cocky, I might not have the guts for all of the rejection I'm likely to go through at first.  Besides, I'm a big book fan, and I like my novel...

For those who know us personally, we've had some extended family issues come up recently that may interfere with my writing in the next month or so.  Of course, I don't write on my blog much during the school year, so you might not miss me much.  But please keep my family in your prayers.  Thanks!

Comments

Popular Posts