Some Things on My Mind

I am bored.

Bored.
Bored.
Bored.

Does anyone else do this?  Whenever my husband is out of town, I sit at my laptop, searching for anything interesting to fill in the time that ought to be "us time," but is now just April-unable-to-concentrate-on-anything-but-meaningless-websites-time.  It isn't as if I didn't have the last three chapters of a novel to finish, or umpteen books loaded to my kindle, prepared for perusing, an invoice for my latest article to send, or precious sleep to catch up on, or...oh, yes...that prayer request e-mail to be sent.  I'll do that now.  Right after my rant.

Sorry that I haven't visited my blog in (ahem) quite some time.  I suppose I decided that that time would be better spent writing on my novel, which has been coming along, but I'm afraid to hurry along, lest it lose whatever splendor it might have in the rush.  The truth is that sometimes it is much easier to write meaningless drivel than to write something of substance, especially when the aim is magnificence but the reality is somewhat less.

My latest article is about homemade "espresso," without the machine, but I have yet to hear from Sonja, my editor, about whether she'd like to buy it.  Tonight, I discovered how to make my own pumpkin latte, but since the article is sent, I can't decide whether to add to it and resend, or keep my delicious revelation to myself.  I haven't tried it yet...so I suppose that is the first step.  I have some ideas of my own to try out, but I think it ought to work out marvelously.  Yum.

I recently discovered Fitocracy, which is like facebook for people who work out.  I find myself thinking about bothering to do push-ups, despite the pain, just to see my points go up and see who props me :).  I like fun exercise, like sports, hiking, etc, but sometimes those are hard to achieve with kids in tow.  This has encouraged me to do some things I would usually just avoid...and rarely takes much time at all.

Today, my cat was fixed.  We also discovered that she is actually a he.  Yep.  My daughter was rather disappointed, and kept asking if we could just forget that detail and keep calling him "her."  Sandy is sleeping in the bathroom, since the vet insisted on keeping him out of the garage.  Should we give him a new name?

My daughter also talked to the children's pastor today about getting baptized this weekend.  She's been wanting it for a while, but until recently, we thought she was too young.  My younger son is asking about it too, but I think we'll make him wait as well.  I want him to remember.

The other thing on my mind?  Journaling.  I used to do it regularly, and I think it must have improved my writing...or at least served some mental health purpose.  I also hear it can help people lose weight...at least when they write about what they eat.  Yikes!  I suppose that makes sense...

Well, I guess that's all for now.  Despite the fact that I keep getting offers for free advertising for my website, and Google AdSense sends me advertisements to embed in my HTML, I can't see writing on it enough at this point to make that make sense.  Really, how do people come up with unique ideas several times a week, try them out and then take fancy pictures of them?  I for one would like to know.  Homeschooling and house keeping takes up so much time, that I really have very little for anything else.  Except for the hour before bed when I do...this sort of thing.  Ciao!

Comments

  1. I get like that when Rob has to work out of town too. I also get like that when I unexpectedly have free time. It's like I've been dreaming of having this and suddenly I don't know what to do with it and just waste it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts