Published

This week, they published the August issue of 501 Life magazine, where I got my first article published!  I'm happy to have claim to being published in print, although I would like it if they would tell me the amount they plan on paying for it.  Perhaps it will depend on reader feedback?  Hmm...

We also began doing school in earnest this week.  Yesterday was very successful!  Today, I had an unexpected visitor.  Although we didn't quite get a full day's work done, I was very glad to see my friend.  My husband even invited them to stay for lunch when he arrived early and we had a great time.

I've been neglecting my novel again, in lieu of a fantasy romance series by Lynn Kurland (who is an excellent author!).  A bit steamy, but nothing I wouldn't let my teenager read (at 16 or so).  Mostly, it has good action and character development, and I have a feeling that she may share some of my conservative morals, although she also has this incorrect idea that there must be a balance between good and evil.  I would be content if evil could be extracted from the world painlessly...or maybe even with a good deal of pain.  It would be worth it.

Life has also been busy with many other things: a broken dishwasher and freezer, a water leak, running for exercise, a visit from my sister-in-law, cooking fun things like sushi with tempura and chocolate cake... This weekend we might see friends from Illinois, pick peaches, or take advantage of the Arkansas sales tax holiday.  Or all three.  Life is good!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your first publication! Is that the right way to say it? Anyway, that's an exciting first! Do you have more in the works?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana, and Yes! I believe that they plan on publishing my laundry detergent article next month. I have some ideas for future articles, but since they haven't told me yet what they plan to pay me, I haven't bothered to write them yet. The editor is in need of writers, though, so I suspect this will be a regular monthly gig.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts